Worried that your child overuses iPhone and sets a screen time passcode, but find that your kids still use the phone for a long time. Actually, iPhone/iPad has some loopholes in Apple software. Therefore, kids can use this loophole to gain more time to play on the phone. If you want to know how kids hack screen time or how to bypass screen time passcode, you can continue reading to find answers and solutions to avoid these hacks. Besides, if you forgot screen time passcode and want to remove it, this article is also helpful for you.
- Way 1. Deleting and Re-downloading Apps to Bypass Screen Time
- Way 2. How to Hack Screen Time Limit by Changing Time and Date
- Way 3. How to Get Rid of Screen Time on YouTube via iMessage
- Way 4. Bypass Restrictions on Safari by Running Browser from Settings via Warning Icon
- Way 5. Open browser from Third-party's Built-in Browser to Get Rid of Screen Time
- Way 6. How to Bypass Screen Time by Stealing Screen Time Passcode with Recording Video
- Way 7. Adding New Password or Touch ID to Bypass Screen Time
- Way 8. Some Opportunistic Tricks about How to Get Past Screen Time
Part 1: What is Screen Time Passcode
Before knowing the methods of how to get rid of screen time on iPhone, let’s know the screen time passcode in detail.
Screen Time is a new feature in iOS 12 that allows you to set limits on how much time you spend on your phone and set time limits for applications. Also, you can set parental controls on your kid’s iPhone such as limiting the screen usage time, APP usage time and contents. Every week you can receive the screen time reports, so you can know how long has your child used the phone.
If your iPhone version is 11 and earlier, this feature is called Restrictions. You can also use it to restrict your kid’s screen usage time.
Part 2: One-click Tool to Bypass Screen Time without Data Loss on iOS 17/16/15/14
If you want to use your iPhone or iPad without a time limit but don't know or lose the passcode, here's how to hack screen time without data loss using PassFab iPhone Unlocker, 100% success.
It is a powerful software, which can be used to remove almost all kinds of passwords. If you encounter a situation where you need to remove the password again, such as Apple ID password, screen passcode or other forms of password, it can be a good helper for you.
And you don't have to worry about whether your iPhone will have other problems after removing the password, not at all! We have been studying this for more than ten years!
Here’s how to use PassFab iPhone Unlocker to get rid of screen time.
- Download and open PassFab iPhone Unlocker on your computer and connect your iDevice to it with USB.
To get started, select "Remove Screen Time Passcode”and click “Start Remove”.
Then wait the removing process to complete and set up your device according to the on-screen instructions. Then, you bypass screen time successfully.
Part 3: 8 Common Ways about Screen Time Hacks and What Parents Can Do
Way 1. Deleting and Re-downloading Apps to Bypass Screen Time
When the time for using the application is up, children can uninstall the APP and download it from App Store again. In this way, children can bypass screen time passcode on restricted applications. The operation process is as follows:
- Delete the App which has restrictions.
- Open the App store and search that App.
Click on "Get" or the download icon to re-install the App.
- After re-installing the App in this way, there is no limit to the use time. Kids can use this software freely.
Parents Can Do:
You can disable App Store to avoid downloading game and Apps. Go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing Apps > Tap on Don’t Allow.
Way 2: How to Hack Screen Time Limit by Changing Time and Date
When you set the screen time passcode, you need to determine a start and end time. If the children know what time you set, they can change the phone time or date to cheat the screen time limit, so they can get more time to play with the phone.
They just need to:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the “General” and find “Date & Time Screen”.
- Turn off the “Automatic Update”.
Now click on the displayed time and date and manually select the time and date you want.
After doing these things, the kids can bypass parental controls on iPhone/iPad when they are playing mobile games.
Parents Can Do:
Unfortunately, there is no way to disable “Settings”, so the only thing you can do is to prohibit children from using your iPhone/iPad and don’t let them know the lock screen password.
Way 3. How to Get Rid of Screen Time on YouTube via iMessage
YouTube restrictions are pretty annoying when kids want to watch something. But, there is a way to overcome it and bypass screen time on Youtube. And solving this problem is a piece of cake.
When you open the iMessage application, you can find there are some “Applets” icon above the keyboard screen. While installing the app, the applet is also installed on the device.
So, although there are restrictions on the use of APP, there are no restrictions on how to enter the applet from the iMessage.
…. that’s smart!
Parents Can Do:
Delete Youtube App from the iPhone/iPad. At the same time, the Youtube “Applets” will also be uninstalled.
Way 4: Bypass Restrictions on Safari by Running Browser from Settings via Warning Icon
When you limit the use time of App, it is very likely that you will also limit the time of using the browser, fearing that your children will see some unhealthy things in the browser. But please note that it is easy to bypass screen time limit on the browser.
They only need to:
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Click on “Website & App Passwords”.
- The warning icon appears on the screen if you set the same password on two or more different websites.
Click the icon to open another menu.
- Select the “Change Password” option and it will open a new browser window, which has no restrictions.
Parents Can Do:
- Didn’t you think that setting a repeated password gave children a way to crack it? In this situation, try not to allow children to have access to iPhone/iPad, do not enter their fingerprints on iPhone or iPad or let them know the lock screen password.
- But if your child goes to boarding school and you want to be able to contact him in normal life, then you can go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Web Content > Switch to Allowed Websites Only. Then the children can only go to the websites which are “Allowed”.
Way 5: Open browser from Third-party's Built-in Browser to Get Rid of Screen Time
Many parents think that the children has no way to browse any website after they have set the allowed websites. It’s not true. Don’t forget that some applications have a built-in browser window. For example, some applications such as Google apps, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc. use links opened in the built-in browser window.
Therefore, children can turn on these kinds of applications and open the built-in browser to watch video or play online games. In that way, children can get rid of screen time limit on browser.
Parents Can Do:
The solution of this hacks is the same as the last. You can disable the built-in browser and the applications with built-in browser.
Way 6. How to Bypass Screen Time by Stealing Screen Time Passcode with Recording Video
Did you know you could obtain the screen time password by screen recording a video? Maybe you didn’t expect it, but the kids did. Screen recording can record all the activities you have done on the screen in a video, including the scene where you set the screen time password. So, kids can turn on the screen recorder to record the password you entered. Then, when the screen time is up, they can enter the password to hack screen time limit.
This feature can be enabled on the notification panel screen. Many iOS users find back their screen time passcode in this way.
Parents Can Do:
When you are ready to set a screen time passcode for your child, please pay attention to the small red icon in the upper right corner! Also, you can go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Screen Recording > Choose Don’t Allow.
Way 7. Adding New Password or Touch ID to Bypass Screen Time
Another method for how to bypass screen time passcode on iPhone ios 14 is by adding a new password or touch ID as long as one know the Apple ID password and screen passcode.
iOS system allows adding multiple fingerprints. When your child knows these passwords, he/she can add his/her fingerprint and name it "Mom" or "Dad". In this way, you won’t be suspicious.
Parents Can Do:
Do not let your child know your Apple ID password and screen passcode. And remember to check if the fingerprint is yours.
Way 8: Some Opportunistic Tricks about How to Get Past Screen Time
- In addition to the above methods about how to bypass screen time passcode, smart children may also see the screen time password you enter from the reflection of your glasses. Of course, if you don’t wear glasses, your child won’t have this opportunity.
- Besides, you children can use another electronic product that can record video to get the screen time password while you are not paying attention.
Parents Can Do:
- Put a protective film on a privacy screen or cover your head with something so that your child cannot see the content reflected from your glasses.
- Always pay attention to whether there are cameras around, and fight your children with wits and courage.
Some articles indicate that you can bypass screen time without password by factory reset iPhone/iPad on Settings, but after my trial, you need to enter the screen time passcode when you want to erase all content and settings if you set it.
FAQs about How to Bypass Screen Time Passcode
1. Does erase all content and settings take off screen time without password?
No. Many writes say that factory reset iPhone can remove screen time without password. But, it’s false. When you want to erase all content and settings on iPhone, you need to enter the Apple ID password and screen passcode. And if you also set up screen time passcode, it is also required to enter before resetting iPhone.
2. How to turn off screen time?
Go to Settings > find Screen Time > Turn off Screen Time > Enter the current screen time passcode to confirm > Tap on Turn Off Screen Time again to confirm.
3. Do we need to set up screen time passcode?
If you feel that you play with your iPhone for too long and hurt your eyes, then you can set a screen time passcode to limit or remind yourself that it’s time to rest.
If you have a child, you want to be able to contact him at any time and bought a phone, but you are worried that your child will be addicted to playing with the phone and have no intention of learning. You can also set the screen time to restrict him. It all depends on your own situation.
As an adult, when you forgot screen time passcode, it’s really annoying. And as parents, you worry that electronic products will affect children’s vision and learning. No matter what the situation you want to know how to bypass screen time, I believe this article can give you the answer.
But If your purpose is to hack screen time without passcode, your best choice is PassFab iPhone Unlocker.
PassFab iPhone Unlocker has Recommended by many medias, like macworld, makeuseof, appleinsider, etc.