The operating system of your Windows 11 features interconnected components that facilitate its functioning. If one of the components encounters problems or something goes wrong, your system will most likely fail. For instance, if you have stuck updates, malware, and other errors, that will likely cause harm to your PC.
Unfortunately, it can be a bit challenging to identify the precise cause of problems once your PC starts having issues. Manually repair your PC can be challenging and time-consuming. However, you can utilize a Windows 11 repair tool that will help solve the issue automatically and save you a lot of time.
Does Windows 11 Have a Repair Tool?
If you notice that some functions on your Windows 11 aren't working, the Windows 11 repair tools we've listed below will come in handy.
The first tool for repairing your Windows 11 is the SFC tool. To run the system file checker tool, open the command prompt app, then follow the steps below.
Run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool first
Enter the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, then wait a few minutes for the command operation to be complete
In the command prompt, type the command: sfc/scannow, then press enter
Keep this Command Prompt window open until the verification is complete. After the scan is completed, any of these messages will be displayed;
- Windows Resource Protection discovered no integrity violations. This means that no system files are missing or corrupted.
- Windows Resource Protection was unable to complete requested operation. To resolve this problem, run System File Checker in safe mode. Ensure the PendingRenames and PendingDeletes folders are present under %WinDir%WinSxSTemp
- Windows Resource Protection discovered and repaired corrupt files. The CBS.Log%WinDir%LogsCBSCBS.log contains more information. Although Windows Resource Protection discovered corrupt files, it could not repair some of the issues. The CBS.Log contains additional information. %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
To manually repair corrupted files, use the System File Checker to check the details of corrupted files. Manually replace these files with alternative good copies.
DISM is used when the SFC tool can’t fix issues on your OS. But before you commence the repair process, check the health of the Windows Component Store using the command prompt: dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth. A healthy status means the DISM didn't detect issues in your OS, and no repair is required. Repairable means you need to repair the Component Store. If non-repairable, your Windows can't fix its Image Component Store.
Step 1: Windows 11 Repair with DISM using a Windows Update
Open the Windows terminal as an Administrator
In the command prompt profile, enter the command: ii.dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
If using Windows PowerShell, use the command: Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
Wait for the process to be complete.
Step 2: Windows 11 Repair with DISM using Install.wim
If the computer you want to repair doesn’t have active internet connection, use this method.
Download the Windows ISO file and install it on your computer. Ensure the ISO file is of the same Windows version
Note the associated driver letter as you’ll need it later
Run Command Prompt with administrative privileges
Replace DriveLetter with the drive letter of the mounted Windows image and run the command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:em>DriveLetter/em>:Sourcesinstall.wim
What is the Best Alternative Windows 11 Repair Tool?
|Microsoft Fix-It Tool||
1.PassFab FixUWin new
PassFab FixUWin is hands down the best alternative Windows 11 repair tool. This tool can improve your PC by finding and fixing different issues.
With PassFab FixUWin, you can burn a bootable ISO image into a blank USB/CD/DVD, which can help boot your computer in case of an update loop, black screen, screen freeze, random reboot, or blue screen.
- It can restart computers that are not starting properly
- It can repair Windows blue/black screen and crashing issues
- It can reset the local and domain passwords in Windows
- It aids in data recovery from an unbootable hard disk
- The tool completely shreds undeletable files
2.Microsoft Fix-It Tool
The Microsoft Fix-It tool is a built-in troubleshooting tool that offers a quick solution to your Windows System problems. Before installing any third-party software, try this tool. It can effectively fix crashes, performance issues, and audio and hardware problems.
- The troubleshooter is built in
- The tool detects the source of the problem and resolves it using recent Microsoft updates
- It is readily accessible
CPU-Z is a Windows 11 repair tool that monitors, analyzes, and profiles the major components of your windows PC. It detects the motherboard chipset, RAM, CPU, and other hardware components of your Windows and provides a detailed report on them.
- The tool gives you a detailed report of the specifications and performance of your operating system
- It detects the state of your computer's hardware
- It comes with an Outdates User Interface
CPU Z doesn't automatically repair your Windows system automatically like the other mentioned tools. It helps you detect hardware problems on your PC early on.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer stands out as another great alternative tool for cleaning and fixing issues on your Windows system. The tool not only cleans but also maintains, optimizes, and customizes options on your Windows system. Generally, the tool improves the protection and security of your system.
- It encrypts data for protection purposes
- It assists you in freeing up memory and speeding up startup items.
- It provides improved privacy protection to keep your personal information safe
- It offers ongoing software updates
As we've seen in this article, a wide range of Windows 11 repair tools can help you fix issues with your windows operating system. The tools mentioned in this article will help you resolve problems with your OS instead of having to redo the entire operating system.
Remember that the best windows 11 repair tool depends on the problem you need to address. For instance, if you need an all-in-one PC solution tool, you will benefit from the PassFab FixUWin as it offers safer, easier and quicker solutions for your computer.